Start location --- Sebastiani Winery in Sonoma Park on Lovall Street
Registration time --- 5:30 am
You may register and pay online or mail in check with application.
We are expecting a record turnout for this year’s June 4th walk in Sonoma and now you can enroll and pay online if you wish, however you can also pay with a check as well.
The walk route is posted on the info bar to the right. The route includes the Sonoma Plaza, with a loop into the south east Sonoma and a loop through Boyes Hot Springs, Agua Caliente, and El Verano. There will be a couple of hills, however we will be sharing information on the local history and the views will be beautiful. I guarantee there will be places that you have never seen before.
Hello fellow walkers,
For June 4th 2016 we shall be having the Annual Jeff Tobes Memorial Walk presented by the Sonoma County Historical Society. This years walk will be around Sonoma City including the plaza, Depot Park, the Springs, Schellville, Buena Vista, and more. The route and stops are in their preliminary stage at this time and more information will be coming as we pull it together.
If any of you would like to help out please give me a call. Items that we need help on is: arrange busses, breakfast, lunch, dinner, driving support vans, driving port-a-potties, contacting sponsors, thank you letters, fruit, ice, snacks, water, and planning.
- Ray Johnson
In this issue:
SCHS Banquet, p. 2
Houdini Search, pp. 4-6
Jasper O’Farrell, pp. 7-12
Petaluma Argus, pp. 13-16
Jack London, pp.18-19
Christo at Museum, p. 21
Members, p. 22
Friends Lost, p. 22-23v
Daken’s Screen, p. 23
Book Review, p. 24-5
Upcoming Events, p. 26.
Walk in Sonoma, p. 28
- 2016 Walk Update #2
- A brief history of Russian River's Pliny the Younger
- Happy Birthday Luther Burbank!
- The 2016 Annual Jeff Tobes Memorial Walk planning is gearing up - Update #1
- Sonoma County Historian 2016 #1 in the mail shortly
- 2016 Banquet, March 20th - How We Came to Make Such Fine Wines
- Burbank Gardens seeking helpers
- Two vacancies currently exist for the Historical Records Commission
- Eclectic history of Petaluma’s Willowbrook Ale House commemorated
- SCHS Board Vice President, Jeff Tobes dies of cancer at 68
- 2015 Picnic at the amazing Castelli Ranch Sept 13th
- Washoe House north of Petaluma sold
- Petaluma's historic Washoe House restaurant sold
- Gaye LeBaron: Old Courthouse Square has divided Santa | The Press Democrat
- Restoration effort resumed for 132-year-old Daniels School in | The Press Democrat
- Fate of historic Kenwood home continues to be debated
- The fate of this historic house in Kenwood is still a mystery
- History Walk Update #3 - Exercise Edition
- Filmmaker honored for ‘Camp Windsor’ documentary
- 2015 20 Mile Historical Walk - Update #2